Click the Options button to see for each thread in the Script, the Application and Option Set used when the Script was recorded. Among other things the Options determine when a picture of a new screen should be taken. The Options control exactly how the Script is recorded, from when a new screen picture should be taken through to how the input for the screen should be annotated or described. Here it is possible to change the Application or Option Set that will be used from now on when the Script is played back. Also just the version numbers can be changed, therefore if an Application or Option Set is modified, updating the version number here will enable the changes to take effect for this Script.
The following right click options are available.
- Apply Application To All Threads – Change all threads to have the same Application as the current selection.
- Apply Option Set To All Threads – Change all threads to have the same Option Set as the current selection.
- Apply Both To All Threads – Change all threads to have the same Application and Option Set as the current selection.
- Edit Application Settings – In order for an application to be tested, the application parameters must be defined. This not only includes the relevant Option Set but also other user preferences that control how results will be displayed. Applications are documented in detail in the TestDrive chapter.
- Edit Option Settings – The Options control the settings that affect the recording of events such as screens and input. It is very likely that different settings will be required by different types of application and these can be maintained here. Due to the fact that Options can radically affect the way that scripts are recorded, the act of changing them is password protected, please see your support contact if you need to perform this action. Options are documented in detail in the TestDrive chapter.
- Delete Unused Thread – If some screens and input events have been deleted from the Script there may be some threads that are no longer in use, this will be indicated within the thread description on the above screen. A single unused thread can be removed using this option.
- Delete All Unused Threads – All unused threads in the Script will be removed.